2016
Date, Period
Odessa, Ukraine
Location
In process
Status

Demolished, but not forgotten. Doks summer residence

October 29, 2016, employees of the construction company “Gefest” demolished the building of an old mansion.

Shortly before this, the Pixelated Realities team managed to shoot a few photo’s before the demolition, and the collection of additional photo materials to make a 3D the model after the destruction of the building. This is our first participatory project, when city photographers were involved, from whom we received active support.

Doks summer residence is not an object of cultural heritage for almost ten years … Before the revolution, this magnificent manor with a turret belonged to a member of the Odessa Trial Chamber, an actual state councillor, an Orthodox Englishman Anatoly Fedorovich Doks (born in 1845, date and place of death unknown). After 1917, the building was nationalised together with the surrounding territory and placed in it the reception room of the sanatorium. When the “Druzhba” was “sold out “, the estate was empty for a long time and finally burned in the last days of May 2010.

According to the press service of the Ministry of Emergency Situations, the estate was burned “because of careless handling of unidentified persons by fire”. Detailed construction documents of the mansion of the XIX century are lost. In the archives and libraries, not a single pre-revolutionary picture of the estate was preserved. No author’s sketches or drawings were found. But, thanks to the help of our friends and completely unfamiliar people, we received photos and videos from the drones, which helped clarify the model of giving Dox from the top view. To date, ready 3D model of the building, you can see how it looked inside and better consider the decor and the remains of the roof. The next step will be a refinement of the model, a retopology for use in applications.And even if necessary – Dacha’s Dacha. 8000 photos. 3000 of which were obtained by aerial survey, after the building is demolished.

Doks summer residence is not an object of cultural heritage for almost ten years … Before the revolution, this magnificent manor with a turret belonged to a member of the Odessa Trial Chamber, an actual state councillor, an Orthodox Englishman Anatoly Fedorovich Doks (born in 1845, date and place of death unknown). After 1917, the building was nationalised together with the surrounding territory and placed in it the reception room of the sanatorium. When the «Druzhba» was sold out, the estate was empty for a long time and finally burned in the last days of May 2010. According to the press service of the Ministry of Emergency Situations, the estate was burned «because of careless handling of unidentified persons by fire.

Our partners and supporters
Kyiv Glushkov Institute of Cybernetics - computing partner