Kuialnyk Cemetery

Logo
Line 36
Group 20
Logo
Group 20

Kuialnyk Cemetery

Kuialnyk Cemetery

According to Russian propaganda, the city of Odesa was founded in 1794. However, Cossack cemeteries are located in this place on the territory of the former Khajibey, where the earliest burials date back to 1791.

The Kuialnyk cemetery of Odesa is the largest of the preserved Cossack cemeteries of Ukraine, a historical monument of the second half of the 18th century – the end of the 19th century. Long before the russian occupation-colonization, Cossacks lived here, on the edge of Hadjibey.

The oldest cross in the cemetery dates back to 1791 – it was erected three years before the so-called founding of Odesa. The Cossack settlement dates back to the 1870s. In total, there are more than five hundred graves in the cemetery, about two hundred are crowned with stone crosses.

Author – Pixelated Realities (Odesa)
Object name, scanning location – Kuialnyk Cemetery, 143 Khadzhybeiska Road, Odesa, Odesa Region
The date of the destruction none
Scan date September 2022

Object name – Cross of 1791

Object name – Cross of 1824

Object name – Cross of 1840

Object name – Cross of 1866