In order to realize our mission in the first five years of work we’ve promoted and developed best practices of digital technologies implementation in the sphere of heritage preservation.
Our main activities:
- created a virtual tour of archaeological excavations under Poshtova Square in Kyiv;
- Duke of Richelieu and famous monuments of Ukraine were placed in cinema, AR, VR and even holograms;
- Scanned and manufactured models of monuments for 7 bronze models in Odesa and Kropyvnytskyi;
- Implemented Very Digital Residences, which became one of the 5 nominees for the 2020 UCF Digital Project of the Year Award.
- Became speakers at more than 40 high-level and local events, including TEDx, annual forums of the Ministry of Culture of Ukraine, scientific conferences.
But we are no longer promoting digital preservation.
Now, in the 2020s, there are already companies in Ukraine that scan and model, work with digital passports of heritage — projects in BIM. The state also shows by its actions that digitalization is a priority and won’t be avoided.
Therefore, we have a new mission — to improve the methods of preserving cultural heritage. What it implies for our institutional activities:
- Training of multisectoral specialists, including artists and officials, architects and photographers, reporters and activists;
- Developing new production chains between workshops and hubs across the country and abroad;
- Implementation of digital décor restoration and digital passports during restoration;
- Supporting collection of the Ukrainian database of heritage in the format of digital twins of cities and buildings;
- Stimulating business and creative industries cooperation around digital heritage.
We are operating from Odesa, Ukraine, and have team members in Italy, Germany and other countries. We are open to working with cities and cultural institutions, businesses and artists, experts and activists. If you care about cultural heritage, join our mission and implement new digital projects with us.